Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas...

So, the last day has been very eventful.

-Heath Ledger was found dead in a Manhattan apartment.

-The Dow Jones opened down almost 400 pts, even after the Fed cut the key interest rate by 0.75%. It rallied to close down only 130 pts.

-And, Natasha Bedingfield released her second studio album in the U.S., Pocket Full of Sunshine. Reviews are mixed, but I do look forward to listening to the album. I've already enjoyed the first single from the album, Love Like This featuring Sean Kingston. Also, Not Givin' Up is a well done dance type song, worth a few listens.

The only thing that is disappointing to me is the fact that (I Wanna Have Your) Babies isn't included on this release. It was included in her second U.K. album, N.B., which was not released here. Concerning her decision to leave it off this album, she is quoted in the New York Post as saying "I always thought music should be fun. I wrote [(I Wanna Have Your) Babies] as a humorous, lighthearted look inside a girl's head, but it was taken so seriously by the press. I left it off of the American album because I just got tired of explaining it."

Poor Natasha and poor America, you're missing out. Enjoy the video here. Here's her website.

No comments: