Sunday, December 9, 2007

One Application of the Shotgun Method

Hi. Trying to get into blogging. Trying not to use pronouns.

But seriously. Among other things, I hate the following: puppy dogs, ice cream, and apple pie (strangely enough I like apple pie a la mode).

Over the past month, I've thought of possible subjects for blog entries. I've thought, what kind of entry will be thought-provoking and show my thoughtfulness on important thought-provoking subjects? This didn't get me far, because, well, I haven't written an entry since my introduction post. Therefore, I've decided to cast a wide net. To use the shotgun approach, so to speak. The idea is to write a bunch of entries, and maybe a few of them will be of a quality I had set out to produce, and the rest will be residue of the process. I'll learn a few things, and maybe the reader will gain some insights along the way. We can't all be Matt Drudge.

But more seriously...there's been an idea floating around that upsets me. This idea may or may not be inherent in human beings as a species, but it doesn't mean that it's the way to go about things. It is based on the assumption that one's beliefs are always correct, and that to see another side or change one's beliefs is weak or wishy-washy. Self preservation seems like a motivation here. One's existence has its foundation from one's own belief system and therefore, one will fight like hell to keep it in tact. However, it does become ridiculous when one starts to distort reality, facts, etc. in order to preserve that belief system. That's delusional. But we all are delusional to some extent.

All I ask is that people be open-minded, think logically, and try to be as objective as possible when considering arguments that conflict with one's belief system.

And, no offense to the redhead that a certain contributor on this blog likes to post pics of, but I don't get it. I'll try to see his side, but I see the facts, and they don't add up for me. I think I'm more of an





















guy.

No comments: