Tuesday, December 25, 2007

road trip

Hi. I'm driving across the country. The reason is not really important, but rather this gives me a chance to see the country. Unfortunately, the nature of my trip precludes me from spending time sightseeing, but I get to see everything within sight from route 80 and whatever else crosses my path. I've made it from DC, out west about 2100 miles in 5 days, with stops in CT, the Pitts, Ohio, Chicago, the Iowa/Nebraska border, and Colorado. And now after resting a few days for Christmas, I'll be heading out tomorrow morning. Hopefully, ahead of a snowstorm. This, after I spent about half of the drive from Chicago through Iowa in the snow storm that plastered the midwest. Luckily for me, it passed north of me, but I still felt some of the effects.



So, I neglected to stop at a gas station before I left Chicago on the 23rd, and almost ran out of gas until I found this gas station in western Illinois. It was 16 degrees F, low visibility, windy, and ridiculously rural. Due to the storm, for about 100 miles west of Chicago, there was an average of 5 cars per mile that had skidded off the road and were stuck and abandoned in the snow.

Nice sunset though.




I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays, Awesomeville!

I'm on to New Mexico tomorrow, and Las Vegas the next day. Some more pics, as I see interesting things. No lawn gnome, but maybe I'll photoshop one in.

1 comment:

Red Line to Awesomeville - Population: Me said...

$5 on the Washington Wizards to win the Eastern Conference, please. I'm pretty sure I'll be out of fantasy contention by the time Gilbert makes it back, so I need something to help justify a certain trade.

Always split eights and aces.

Oh, and go see Danny Gans - I hear he's closing in on yet another 'Entertainer of the Year' award.

Give that Ryan Adams mix another spin!